The project “Technical Assistance for the ARISE+ Programme in Vietnam”, funded by the European Union (EU) and implemented by DAI Consortium, is seeking to recruit Vietnamese national experts for the implementation of the Project Annual Work Plan Year 2 (2023).
“The ASEAN Regional Integration Support by EU (ARISE) Plus – Viet Nam Trade-Related Technical Assistance (ARISE+ Viet Nam)” is an European Union-funded project. The overall objective of the ARISE+ Viet Nam project is to contribute to inclusive economic growth and poverty reduction in Viet Nam. The specific objective of the project is to provide technical assistance to the Government of Vietnam to maximise Viet Nam’s benefits from preferential trade regimes, with a focus on regional trade agreements and the EU-Viet Nam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) and the EU-Viet Nam Investment Protection Agreement (EVIPA). DAI Global, Austria is implementing this project together with consortium partners VCCI, Eurocham, and GOPA.
For further information, please visit our website https://ariseplusvietnam.com/
ARISE + Viet Nam is implementing various activities in the field of Quality Infrastructure (QI). The primary objectives of QI Component are to provide all relevant information about the EU’s new approach to technical directives and regulations as well as requirements in general, related to the potential of exporting into the EU and other countries for Vietnamese exporters. Project activities implemented under the QI Component will contribute to facilitating bilateral trade, with potential for enhancing the level of compliance and lowering technical barriers to trade for local enterprises wishing to expand their markets in the EU.
We are urgently looking for interested Vietnamese candidates to join our team in short-term expert positions as follows:
- National Quality Infrastructure Experts, including sound knowledge of the National Quality Policy;
- Assessors of the Conformity Assessment bodies (CABs) with knowledge of drafting surveys (Preparation, List of CABs to be contacted, Analysis of Surveys, Complex Reports, Technical Guides, and Training materials);
- Experts with good knowledge and understanding of trade-related issues such as Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) and/or Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) measures;
- Experts with experience in drafting and/or reviewing legislation in the field of Quality Infrastructure - QI (Standardization, Accreditation, Conformity assessment, Metrology, etc.)
- University degree, preferably in trade-related fields, e.g., business, economics, laws, or technical (engineering, physics, chemistry, etc.).
- Very good command and understanding of English and Vietnamese languages (both at C1 level).
- Minimum 6 years of work experience with QI in Viet Nam, ideally with some involvement with legislative matters and/or standardisation.
The following would be considered additional assets:
- Good experience in drafting reports in English;
- Experience with Vietnamese government agencies and/or business community, ideally but not necessarily, with some involvement in trade-related matters and good networking with the governmental bodies and/or private sector;
- Experience in policy analysis, awareness-raising, information exchange, transparency requirements, and digital communication channels.
- Experience working on international donor-funded projects;
- Experience in monitoring, coordinating, and quality verification of translations in English and Vietnamese.
Interested candidates are invited to send their latest application in English, copies of relevant certificates and references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 28th of February 2023.
Please state “Application for short-term QI Expert – Your full name” in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks after the deadline./.